Sports Medicine Acupuncture
Effectively treat sports injuries with Sports Medicine Acupuncture®
Sports Medicine Acupuncture® is a unique system of acupuncture specifically designed to decrease pain and increase function and get our patients back into the game. Whether that’s for hobbies, professional or recreational sports, or even a day’s work at the office, we combine the best of modern sports science with traditional Chinese medicine to heal those who are hampered by chronic pain and sports injuries.
Benefits of Sports Medicine Acupuncture
- Expert diagnostics: Specialized training in cadaver-based anatomy and western orthopedic evaluation combined with proven procedures of Chinese interrelation diagnostics that define our practice. This dual perspective sets the foundation for our entire treatment approach.
- Increased range of motion and strength: A major benefit of Sports Medicine Acupuncture® is the unequivocally demonstrable improvement in range of motion and strength for individual muscle groups from joints, posture, and an overall improvement of musculoskeletal and neurological disorders.
- Improved posture: Postural correction can increase function in the musculoskeletal system, decrease pain and prevent future injuries. Posture specific acupuncture can improve muscle function and allow the body to heal physical stresses and increase mechanical efficiency.
- Improved neurological functioning: Sports Medicine Acupuncture® directly impacts the nervous system to decrease pain, tingling, numbness and atrophy. Acupuncture opens nerve pathways to vulnerabilities, enhancing functioning on all levels. Numerous studies show how acupuncture can further benefit neurological signaling.
- Improved adjunctive therapies: Sports Medicine Acupuncture further improves and accelerates Chinese medicinal treatments such as:
- Integrative medicine: Sun Acupuncture bridges the western-eastern divide. We combine the proven practices and procedures of Chinese medicine with diagnostics and prescriptions of your current medical providers to deliver integrative healthcare to our patients.
- Collaboration: Sun Acupuncture works closely with the Sports Medicine Acupuncture® program and local sports teams for research and education for the advancement of innovative sports medicine techniques nationwide.
- Applicability: A wide variety of conditions are treatable by optimizing movement, function and posture with the specialized therapy of Sports Medicine Acupuncture®: