Sports Medicine Acupuncture
Effectively treat sports injuries with Sports Medicine Acupuncture®
Sports Medicine Acupuncture is a unique approach that combines the best of modern sports science with traditional Chinese medicine. Our goal is to decrease pain and increase function so that our patients can get back to doing what they love, whether that’s professional or recreational sports, hobbies, or or even a day’s work at the home office.
Benefits of Sports Medicine Acupuncture
- Expert diagnostics: Our practitioners have specialized training in both cadaver-based anatomy and western orthopedic evaluation, as well as proven Chinese interrelation diagnostics. This dual perspective sets the foundation for our entire treatment approach.
- Increased range of motion and strength: With Sports Medicine Acupuncture®, you can expect to see a demonstrable improvement in range of motion and strength for individual muscle groups, which can have positive effects on joints, posture, and overall musculoskeletal and neurological health.
- Improved posture: By correcting your posture, we can help increase function in your musculoskeletal system, reduce pain, and prevent future injuries. This improves muscle function and helps your body heal from undue physical stresses.
- Improved neurological functioning: Sports Medicine Acupuncture® directly impacts the nervous system to decrease pain, tingling, numbness and atrophy. Acupuncture opens nerve pathways, enhancing functioning on all levels. Many studies show how acupuncture can benefit neurological signaling.
- Integrative medicine: At Sun Acupuncture, we believe in bridging the western-eastern divide. We combine proven practices and procedures of Chinese medicine with the care you receive from your current medical providers to deliver comprehensive, integrative healthcare that works for you.
- Collaboration: Sun Acupuncture works closely with the Sports Medicine Acupuncture® program and local sports teams for research and education for the advancement of innovative sports medicine techniques nationwide.
- Applicability: A wide variety of conditions are treatable by optimizing movement, function and posture with the specialized therapy of Sports Medicine Acupuncture®: